Discoveries from Exploring RSS Feeds

From searching through the variety of information found on the RSS feeds I was able to come across some new interesting tools that would be great to use for teaching in the classroom. One tool that I came across and was especially interested in was the free online tool Infograph. I found it through the very helpful blog titled Free Technology for Teachers which is literally just a stream that shares new and interesting tools that can be used for education. The blog is written by Richard Byrne who spends time sharing his personal educator insights on integrating technology into the classroom. I love the idea of just being exposed to new free technology resources periodically to keep things fresh and maybe even find new tools that I could integrate into my own lessons.

According to Byrne, "Infogram is a visual content creation tool that makes it easy to design maps and charts. The templates are optimized to be the perfect size for a variety of platforms. The drag and drop feature makes it easy move charts, maps, photos, videos, text, and icons." as written on October 24, 2017. The possibilities of using Infogram within my own classroom are exciting and endless. It's an easy and visually pleasing way to bring graphics to life in my times of instruction. It would also be a good tool to look into when teaching on elements of design because it is a tool that has a strong graphic aesthetic that could be analyzed by the students. I could use Infograph to have my students practice using the elements of design that they learned by creating a graphic in Infogram. It's also a huge benifit that the graphics created in Infograph can be accessed and shared across platforms so easily. 

Here's the link to the blog post I found:
http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2017/10/infogram-tell-your-story-with-data.html#.We--ckyZPVo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Less Than 30 Minutes I Discovered...

Developing a Personal Learning Network